The Dialshifter badge will be available for funds (and later also investment institutions) that meet the Dialshifter requirements set out, the aim of which are to support, encourage and/or facilitate the shift towards lower carbon and more sustainable business practices and lifestyles.
Our fund qualification requirements aim to help differentiate between funds that are and are not helping to address environmental challenges such as climate change. Only funds that have explicit and publicly available climate change related strategies – which we believe are applied responsibly and in the spirit of helping to shift the dial – will be considered.
The list is our minimum criteria; in most cases we expect funds to significantly exceed these ‘baseline’ requirements. These requirements will be consulted on and improved from time to time – with the expectation of raising standards.
Dialshifter Minimum Requirements for all Funds are:
* ‘Policies, Issues & Themes’ filter # ‘Approaches and Application’ filter + ‘Corporate Activity’ filter
Core Fund Strategy / Purpose Criteria:
- Aims to help generate positive impacts (or outcomes) #
- Sustainability policy or theme *
- Climate change / GHG policy or theme *
- Human rights policy *
Specific Exclusions Criteria:
- Deforestation (eg palm oil) policy *
- Excludes coal, oil and gas majors*
- Excludes fracking, tar sands and arctic drilling*
Responsible Ownership Requirements:
- ESG integration policy *
- Responsible ownership (stewardship) policy +
- Publishes voting record +
Ethical Underpin Requirement:
- Excludes producers of tobacco and armaments*
PLUS one or more of the following:
- To be a ‘Solutions Focused’ Dialshifter, a fund must also significantly invest in environmental solutions companies #
- To be a ‘Transition Focused’ Dialshifter, a fund must also actively encourage carbon/GHG reduction
- To be a Responsible Ownership Focused’ Dialshifter, a fund must also be an active member of Climate Action 100+ / IIGCC member
Funds with more than one of the above may be classed as ‘all rounders’
In addition, the following is required:
- A completed Dialshifter fund form
- A Dialshifter summary explaining how this service is helping to ‘shift’ the dial’
- To provide or be working on a ‘net zero’ / Paris Alignment statement that articulates a commitment to help reduce carbon emissions swiftly
CLICK HERE to go to the Dialshifter Fund & Fund Management Form
Please Note: fund information will be checked as part of our verification process. We will need to see evidence that our requirements are carried through into stock selection and stewardship activity.
All relevant funds can apply. Please do get in touch if you believe your fund should be considered but feel it may not meet the precise criteria outlined above – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware we are not regulated (or regulators) and can not endorse or recommend any adviser, service or investment. The information we supply is ‘for information only’.